Are pests slowly taking over your home?
Do you feel like they are reducing your enjoyment in your home?
The good news is that there is help available to you. Continue reading to learn some great tips on how to permanently eliminate these annoying pests.
• Do not buy a new home before getting an inspector to look at it first. There are some signs of pests that are easy to see. Others do not become apparent until you spend some uninterrupted time at home.
Are you dealing with ants?
• Mix borax and sugar to eliminate them. The sugar will attract your pests while the borax kills them. Get a jar, and mix borax and sugar in equal quantities. Sprinkle this mixture along the baseboards of your home, as well as the foundation.
• If you have a water leak, fix it. Pests of all kinds need water to live and thrive. They are able to sense even a drop of water from a great distance. Don’t get in your own way when it comes to pest control. With a bit of effort, you can avoid attracting rodents in the first place.
• If you have a problem with mice, use mints to address the issue. Put in mint plants around your home foundation. It will keep mice from wanting to settle in there. Sprinkle mint around to deter rodents. This will repel mice in most cases, but always remember to sprinkle fresh mint leaves.
• If you keep recycling, be certain you rinse out each item well. You must always rinse pop cans that often have sugar residue. Get the soda pop completely out of the can. Then you can store it in your home or garage without worrying about it attracting pests.
•. Outdoor lighting is awesome for keeping away strangers, but it’s not so great at keeping away pests. If you do prefer to have outdoor lighting running all night, pick colors that attract fewer insects, like orange, pink or yellow.
• Do not give mosquitoes a breeding ground to hang out in. Drain kiddie pools and buckets that are sitting on your property. Mosquitoes can breed in almost any amount of standing water, so get rid of it near your home.
• Exterior lighting can also attract pests. Try and avoid putting exterior lights near any entrances to your house. You will also cut back if you use a different colored light.
• Examine the foundation and walls for cracks. Cracks will appear in homes as time passes. These cracks can serve as entry points for pests. Check your ceiling over. You’ll often find small cracks that are accessible to pests.
• Pests may be attracted to recycle bins. Ideally, your recycling should be stored outside of your
home. If that is not possible, rinse all items prior to placing them in the recyclables bin. Sealed containers are the best to avoid attracting pests when disposing of your garbage.
As you can see, it is possible to permanently eliminate pests from your home. You don’t have to just live with them or use infective methods anymore. Take control again by using the advice above. Enjoy living in your home again!
If you would like help from a professional to get rid of Pests from your home, please don’t hesitate to call us at (214)435-8559 or we if you do use our service we would love it if you could recommend us to a friend or family.